June 7, 2019 at 10:42 am
Welcome back to the final half term of the year.
We hope all the children who celebrated Eid this week had an enjoyable time with their families.
This half term we will be continuing to find out what the children can do and this week they have been showing us how good they are at writing their name as well as their counting and number recognition skills. We have been looking at all the objectives for Maths at the 30-50 month level and you can see the objectives below:
- Uses some number names and number language spontaneously
- Compares two groups of objects, saying when they have the same number.
- Shows an interest in numerals in the environment.
- Beginning to represent numbers using fingers, marks on paper or pictures.
- Shows curiosity about numbers by offering comments or asking questions.
- Uses some number names accurately in play.
- Recites numbers in order to 10.
- Sometimes matches numeral and quantity correctly.
- Shows an interest in number problems.
- Separates a group of three or four objects in different ways, beginning to recognise that the total is still the same.
- Realises not only objects, but anything can be counted, including steps, claps or jumps.
- Knows that numbers identify how many objects are in a set.
- Shows an interest in representing numbers
The children have been showing us practically what they can do and being healthy as well.
We have continued to have our weekly ‘Stay and Read’ sessions and this week had lots of people staying to share stories…
Some children enjoyed reading outside independently…
Other things happening outside…
Please remember to return the slips for the trip as soon as possible even if you have paid on line so that helpers can be arranged and notified.
Have a good weekend
From the Nursery team