We are getting our creative juices flowing in Reception this week!!!!!

Monday 29th June | 2 comments
0

This week is a very exciting week for the children as they will get to use their wonderful creative skills to produce some fantastic work. Thank you very, very much for all of the model-making resources you have brought in – they are gratefully received!!

The children will be working in groups throughout the week to make, plan, research and evaluate a model of a wild animal. The children will be creating the model out of different resources as well as creating a piece of music and dance based on their chosen animal. We will be collecting observations throughout the week which will be filed into their folders for you to see.
If you can please do come and watch the children’s performances as well as looking at their fabulous models this Friday (3rd July) at 9:30 in the infant building. The children would LOVE to show you their work.
I also just wanted to share a picture of some of the children with their fantastic (independent) non-fiction books all about the wild animals we saw at the Yorkshire Wildlife Park. I was so impressed with the children’s independent learning skills. Well done!

2 responses to “We are getting our creative juices flowing in Reception this week!!!!!”

1. naheed (Aaminahs mum) says:

Well done with your independent writing RC!

2. Kirsty (Charlie's mum) says:

I really enjoyed watching the wild animal show, I thought it was lovely that the children thought of their own ideas, dance and music and I loved the models! It was really brave to stand up on the stage in front of the grown ups – well done to all the children and for working so well together. Thank you for letting us share a lovely morning.