RH

Friday 14th June | 1 comment
6

Literacy

The children have been continuing to practise writing sentences. We are now encouraging the children to use a capital letter at the start of the sentence and finish with a full stop.

We have also completed lots of ‘phoneme spotting’ activities to help them try and identify phase 3 phonemes when reading.

Maths

This week the children have been learning about what the word ‘half’ means. They have also been exploring other language such as same, whole and equal.

They have learnt that splitting something in half means creating two equal parts. They have then used this to start practically finding half of a number. An example, pretending counters are sweets and sharing them equally between two children so they have half each.

Healthy Eating

A child wanted to make fruit kebabs this week so the children made their own kebabs, cutting the pieces of fruit in half. They have practised using cutting skills and had to be very careful pushing the fruit onto the kebab spikes. They were very yummy!

Exercise

We have discussed the purpose of exercise and activity and I was very impressed with the children’s understanding of how to be healthy. The children were presented the question:

‘Why shouldn’t I sit in front of the TV everyday from when I get home from school until I go to bed and have a bowl of chips for my tea?’

Some responses:

“Because you need to exercise and move around.”

“You will get square eyes.”

“You will damage your eyes.”

“Chips are full of salt.”

“They’re only made of potato and you need things like broccoli.”

Exercise in PE today:

The children have also been busy making some lovely Father’s Day cards. Happy Father’s Day for Sunday.

For the children who went on the trip this week, please check the blog for RD’s school trip post to see some pictures. Once the blog is uploaded, I will add a link to this post.

Have a great weekend.

The RH team

One response to “RH”

1. Sheila singh (Vanshika mum) says:

Great busy week,? vanshika enjoyed making the fruit kebabs and looks forward to making some more at home. She talked about healthy eating and what is good for you.,??