RC’s trip to Rodley Nature Reserve

Tuesday 21st April | 8 comments
0

Today we had a FANTASTIC trip to Rodley Nature Reserve. We were very lucky with the weather and had a lovely morning outside in the sunshine. The children got busy with different activities including pond dipping, sticky board collecting and pond watching. The children behaved very well and were very grown up. We also had a lovely picnic outside in the beautiful sunshine!

Thank you so much to the volunteers at Rodley Nature Reserve and to the parents who helped us.

Take a look at the pictures below to see some of our fun in the sun!!

8 responses to “RC’s trip to Rodley Nature Reserve”

1. peterharris says:

It looks like you have had a lovely time exploring nature and the weather was superb! What did you enjoy most and what did you discover?

2. KateHeap says:

I found some really big sticks. (Tom Heap)

3. KateHeap says:

I liked doing the sticky pads and bringing them home. I found lots of stuff that birds make their nests with. I also liked holding the mouse nest. At first I didn’t want to but then I did want to. (Lucy Heap)

4. Emily says:

I liked doing the sticky boards the best.

5. Katy - Stanley's mum says:

Stanley says he enjoyed pond dipping the most because he had to catch little bugs. He also enjoyed making the sticky boards and Stanley found a snail shell which he put on his sticky board. He discovered that foxes live at the nature reserve! ‘It was awesome!’ Stanley says

6. Kirsty (Charlie's mum) says:

I did pond diping. (Typed by Charlie!).

Charlie’s dad thought the sticky boards were fantastic.

7. Kirsty (Charlie's mum) says:

Charlie has just played DJ Cow’s Spelling Patterns – he loved it and would recommend it to his friends!

8. Miss Curteis says:

Thank you for all your comments! We certainly had lots of fun!!! I enjoyed looking in the ponds and seeing what was underneath the lily-pads!